I have some slightly disheartening news (at least it is for me): I’ve decided to postpone Scotland 9. When I came home from Scotland 8, early last year, I had hoped that by the end of 2020, COVID-19 would have been eradicated. Little did I know that the beginning of 2021 would be the early days of the vaccine, and we’d still be experiencing outbreaks. On the plus side, however, both of the places I’d booked to stay have given me a full refund (thank you, Airbnb and Hostelworld!)! I’m pretty sure Country to Country in Glasgow is going to cancel (no room for social distancing there), and I’ll get a full refund for those tickets. The only refund I’m worried about is the Theatre tickets (I’d planned on staying a couple weeks in London this time).
Norwegian had already canceled my one-way flight in the fall. I was flying on points, since they’d also canceled my home-bound flight last year. I hope those points don’t expire before I have the opportunity to use them. I wonder if it’s too late to cash them out.
Have you had to cancel or change your own travel plans?